Overview Microsoft DreamSpark
Microsoft DreamSpark is a Microsoft program available to Madison College IT students. Madison College pays an annual fee for the DreamSpark service, in exchange for which, applicable departments (computer science, computer engineering, information technology, and related fields of that organization) as well as students and faculty can acquire licensed copies of Microsoft software such as Microsoft Windows, Visual Studio and other products.
The list of software each college and university gets is dependent on the agreements made by that particular organization. The software can be used in coursework and personal non-commercial projects. Students may continue to use these products for non-commercial purposes, even after they graduate.
The Madison College DreamSpark software is accessed through a dedicated Microsoft DreamSpark website http://madisoncollegeit.onthehub.com. Access is determined by the DreamSpark agreement, but is usually given to students who meet certain requirements (must be currently enrolled in or teaching course(s) in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics).
STEP 1-Register for Madison College DreamSpark
- To register send an e-mail to IT Dept Dreamspark firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your Name (*required)
- Student ID Number (*required)
- Student E-Mail Address (*required)
- Preferred E-Mail Address (*optional)
- By making this request, you are verifying that you would like to participate in Madison Area Technical College's Dreamspark software program. This does not grant you access to the DreamSpark software. There is an account set up process that needs to occur before you will have access to the software.
- Once you have been set up in the DreamSpark system, you will receive an email confirmation in your preferred email account, with your user name, password and a logon link to access the site.
STEP 2-Access/Download Software from Madison College DreamSpark
- To log onto the DreamSpark site go to Madison College's DreamSpark Website Logon (Dream Spark)
- Select the software you wish you download. Currently, here is some of what Madison College DreamSpark offers:
- Access 2010/2013
- Exchange Server 2007
- Info Path 2007
- MSDN Library
- Office Groove 2007
- Office Sharepoint Server 2010
- Office OneNote
- Project 2010
- SharePoint Designer 2010
- SQL Server 2013
- Visio 2010 & 2013
- Visual Studio 2012
- Windows Exchange Server 2013
- Windows 7 & 8
- XNA Creators Club
- XNA Game Creator
STEP 3-Install Software Requested from Madison College DreamSpark
- Did you download an ISO file? Refer to the Madison College's DreamSpark Website FAQ