Before Class Begins
If I am taking an IT course, what should I do before class begins?
Please complete the following during the week BEFORE the course begins:
- Obtain the required textbooks for the course.
- Obtain the software needed for the course. Some courses will provide the software needed, so you may not need to purchase the software. Instructor will provide this information the first day of class.
- You are required to activate your MATC network account if you have not already done so in order to enter our virtual classroom in Blackboard.
- Access Madison College Blackboard using your activated network user ID and password.
- Select "login" and use your network user ID and password. For specific directions, refer to http://madisoncollege.edu/blackboard-access
- To enter the classroom, click the title of the course under the "My Courses" column to the far right of the Blackboard initial welcome page. This will take you to your class website. The site may not be available until the first day of class.
- Enter the Blackboard classroom and read the syllabus with information about books, policies, required software, required email address, and procedures PRIOR to the start of class.
- Blackboard requires all students to use their Madison College student email account. However, many students prefer to use a different email address. If you wish to use a different address, go into your student email account and modify your account so that mail is forwarded to the email address that you want to use.
- Please contact the Student Help Desk at 608-243-4444 (toll free 866-277-4445) for email or Blackboard problems.
Last Modified: November 1, 2012